I’m feeling very conflicted right now. Things are beginning to fall into place, as far as routines, life is becoming fullfilling again. And then. Bam. I see something I want, but don’t have, and isn’t the grass always greener on the other side?
Its so easy to become discontent when life seems to be not JUST right. The trick is in realizing life will never be JUST right. You gotta choose to make it right. Choose to slap a smile on that face, find the joy in things, and don’t sweat the small stuff. We all have regrets, wish we were something better, others love us more, or whatever, but lets face it, feelings and perceptions lie.
Now that I’m off my soapbox, I’m going to remind myself of things I’m thankful for.
- Little people that smile when they see me, and think I’m the best ever. This ain’t lastin’ long!
- Baby giggles
- Reading books with my kiddos before bed
- My husband’s commitment to our family
- My Mom’s selfless choice to watch my kids for me.
- My boss’ flexibility in my work schedule. I’m so glad she let me go part time.
- My supportive friends who urge me onward and upward. You know who you guys are. 🙂
- The fact that God’s got it all in his hand.
Ok. Worrying, discontent, be gone!